I currently practice law in the following localities: Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg and York County.
My firm handles legal matters in the following areas:
CRIMINAL LAW - All felony and misdemeanor arrests to include murder, malicious assault, domestic assault and battery, drug possession and distribution, fraud and larceny offenses, and probation violations. I specialize in juvenile law and am a former Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney for the Hampton Juvenile Court.
TRAFFIC LAW - Driving while intoxicated (DWI), reckless driving, habitual offenders, suspended/revoked operator's license and all other traffic related offenses.
FAMILY LAW - Divorce, Child Custody and Visitation and Child Support. I have served as Special Counsel to the Division of Child Support Enforcement.
I am certified by the Virginia Supreme Court to serve as a guardian ad litem for children in the Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg and York County Juvenile Courts.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- Custody & Visitation
- Virginia, 1992
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor - 05/1992
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Merit Scholarship Recipient
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: National Dean's List
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
- Honors: Mortar Board
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Honors: Sullivan Award for Outstanding Community Service and Scholastic Achievement
- Major: Government
- Instructor, Hampton Roads Regional Academy of Criminal Justice, Newport News, VA, 1998 to 2001
- Faculty Assistant, National College of District Attorneys, 06/11/2000 to 06/22/2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Newport News Child Advocacy Team, Chair
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions of the Virginia Peninsula
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Tidewater
- Greater Peninsula Women's Bar Association, Past President
- Hampton Bar Association, Past President
- I'anson-Hoffman American Inn of Court, Member, 1997 to 2000
- Allen Iverson's CrossOver Foundation, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Bridging the Gap Learning Center, Hampton, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Achievable Dream, Hampton, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- All Nations Church
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Attorney General, Richmond, Virginia, Division of Child Support Enforcement, Special Counsel, 2008 to 2009
- Jones, Blechman, Woltz and Kelly, P.C., Newport News, VA, Associate, 2000 to 2002
- Commonwealth's Attorney, Hampton, VA, Deputy/Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney, 1994 to 2000
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, National College of District Attorneys, Faculty Assistant, 06/2000 to 06/2000
- Arnold & Porter, Washington, DC, Associate, 1992 to 1994
- Delta Sigma Theta
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Pi Sigma Alpha